Friday, November 03, 2006

Saucy chocolaty goodness

I have to work tomorrow, and Miss Petstarr has asked me to screw up... ahem... look after the Idol wrap-up over at Bland Canyon this Sunday, so I thought I'd best chocolate things up tonight so you can bake something yummy on the weekend. How about pudding? I like pudding. But only if yeh've eaten yeh dinner. How can yeh have any pudding if yeh haven't eaten yeh meat??

Chocolate uber pudding

1 cup SR flour
1/4 cup cocoa
1/4 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup milk
45g butter, melted

Sauce:
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
1 1/4 cups hot water

Sift flour and cocoa into a bowl. Add caster sugar and stir to combine. Make a well in the centre and add milk and butter. Stir well to combine. Grease a 1 litre ovenproof dish and pour in the batter.

To make the sauce, combine the brown sugar and cocoa in a small bowl. Add the hot water and stir until smooth. Pour the sauce mixture over the back of a spoon onto the batter. Bake at 180 degrees C for 40 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer.

Serves six. Stand pudding for five minutes before serving. Dust pudding with icing sugar and serve warm with cream or ice-cream. Mmm, pudding. (Yes, it microwaves.)

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 4:24 am, November 04, 2006, Blogger londongirl said...

I love that your mother clearly had the same rule as mine.

Now darling, finish your plate and then we'll see if you can have some pudding.

and now she wonders why I'm slightly broader of beam than I should be...

 
At 9:09 am, November 04, 2006, Blogger redcap said...

Actually I was thinking of the manic school master in the Pink Floyd song, but you're right - it no dessert at our place unless you finished your dinner.

 
At 11:40 am, November 04, 2006, Blogger MadameBoffin said...

mmmm my mum made pudding with almost the same recipe - childhood memories!! That'll go down like a treat at the wrap-up, I'm sure :)

 
At 5:12 pm, June 21, 2007, Blogger River said...

my mum had the same rules with the result that I often went without dessert. Made it a point of honour not to do that to my own kids, especially when mum was visiting. She didn't approve of my methods and for christmas I often got little books on how to raise your children. Raised them my own way anyway and all 4 turned out just fine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home