Monday, September 25, 2006

Brownblog

I had thought of blogging the Brownlow red capet, but one of the first people I saw was Andrew McLeod's missus. Sorry, haven't a clue what her name is, but she must have realised she'd chosen a drab gown. "Hmm, what shall I do to brighten it up? I know! I'll play down my bony, bony spine and shoulder blades by glueing sequins to them! Brilliant!"



It's so classy, isn't it? One presumes that 23 might be the other half's on-field number, though I'm just taking a wild stab in the dark. Missus Andrew also seems to have chosen to accessorise with an albino panda arm piece in place of a handbag. I probably would have chosen a beaded clutch, but that's just me.

She said the stylist came up with the idea for the sequinned number "to have a bit of fun" with the outfit. Sweetie, when most people want to have a bit of fun with an evening gown, they wear groovy bling or cute shoes.

Anyway, after that, I lost a good deal of my will to live and had to mix myself a good, sturdy cocktail. Oh, the horror, the horror.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 3:20 pm, September 27, 2006, Blogger PetStarr said...

All I want to say is: if you're wearing a brown dress, don't go for silver sparkles. You'd choose gold, obviously, wouldn't you? I mean wouldn't you REALLY?

 
At 1:29 am, October 02, 2006, Blogger Susanne said...

Nicely done redcap.

I suppose she did get a lot of attention for it. But she's going to be infamous from it, not famous.

 
At 7:29 pm, October 03, 2006, Blogger barilski said...

Ok, all I have to say at this point is I'd rather eat a shit sandwhich than look at, listen to or read about Pete Helliar. I've laughed more during Schindler's List than watching that bum rodent.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home