Monday, October 09, 2006

The end of the affair?

Dear SBS,

What happened? I know I hadn't visited for a little while, but you have to admit that was largely your fault for not screening Iron Chef and Rockwiz on Saturday night. You know I don't like soccer. But I take my eyes off you for a moment and you do this? Ads during the shows? I'm heartbroken.

I had become resigned to ads between programs, even though they went for five minutes at a time. I understood that a TV station has to do what a TV station has to do, so I forgave you, but this! It's like when Col Blake's plane was shot down in MASH, or when Stuart Littlemore left Media Watch. It's very nearly as bad as when Bruce Springsteen sacked the E-Street Band. Must I now watch Dateline interspersed with McDonald's chicken propaganda? It just doesn't seem right.

Please reconsider, SBS. We can pretend this regrettable incident never happened.

Hugs,

redcap

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 7:45 pm, October 22, 2006, Blogger redcap said...

I can't believe no-one cares about SBS having ads! It's a tragedy, people, a tragedy! Iron Chef with ads bites :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home