Thursday, October 19, 2006

Psst, wanna score some brownies?

I know nobody asked for the heroin brownie recipe, but since I'll probably lose it, I'm going to post it anyway. This is for purely selfish reasons - if I want to make them again myself, I won't have to spend three hours looking for the recipe.

250g dark chocolate
125g butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup plain flour
1/4 cup cocoa
1/2 cup white choc chips
1/2 cup dark choc chips
1/2 cup milk choc chips
3 eggs

Melt the dark chocolate and butter together in a saucepan over low heat. Beat the eggs and sugar together until thick. Add the chocolate and butter mix and beat until smooth. Sift in the plain flour and cocoa and fold them through, then add the choc chips. Grease and line a 20cm square pan, spread in the brownie mix and bake at 160 degrees for 40-45 minutes. Cool in the pan and slice into squares. Makes about 24.

Feel free to add some chopped nuts instead of some of the choc chips. I'm sure they'd be great. I'm allergic, so a handful of nuts would pretty well be a crunchy suicide pill for me, but you fill your boots.

There, now I can't lose it the damned thing! (crafty grin) Perhaps I should do the same with my marble cheesecake recipe...

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 5:51 am, October 20, 2006, Blogger londongirl said...

Sounds fab. We all need a chocolate rush sometimes. I'll test it out on my dad next week.

 
At 8:49 am, October 20, 2006, Blogger redcap said...

Oops! Left out the cocoa. After all, 600g of chocolate isn't really enough for one recipe - you need cocoa as well. Fixed it now :)

 
At 11:41 am, October 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There should be more blog posts like this.

 
At 11:45 am, October 20, 2006, Blogger redcap said...

Great idea, thirdcat! Perhaps I should post a chocolate recipe of the week...

 
At 8:53 pm, October 20, 2006, Blogger Steph said...

I am craving chocolate like you wouldn't believe.
This post didn't help!! ;)

 
At 9:50 pm, October 20, 2006, Blogger redcap said...

Sorry, Steph! ;)

 
At 10:40 pm, October 20, 2006, Blogger Blue said...

Cheesecake recipe pls :-)

 
At 5:21 pm, June 21, 2007, Blogger River said...

substitute chopped up mars bars for the choc.chips/nuts if you don't have those things handy.every self-respecting pantry surely has mars bars........

 

Post a Comment

<< Home