Thursday, October 12, 2006

Why I love people #132

Some days, I just hate people. Here is the beginning of a phone conversation I had today. (Apologies to Audrey for doing one of these so soon after her hilarious telephonic encounter with Deaf Twat.)

I've changed the type of business to protect the innocent (that would be me, not the person on the other end of the phone - half-hearted I may be, but it's probably best that none of the people who employ me twig to that just yet).

(Ring, ring)

Cheese shop lady: Hello, cheese shop.
Me: Hello, this is redcap calling from Publication Name Deleted. I'm writing a story about cheese and I was just wondering whether there was someone there I could talk to.
Cheese shop lady: About what?
(silence)
Me: Um, cheese.
(silence)
Cheese Shop lady: Oh!

Sigh.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 1:21 pm, October 14, 2006, Blogger Steph said...

Another case of the lights being on and nobody at home.

 
At 4:21 pm, October 15, 2006, Blogger redcap said...

Yeah, not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

 
At 11:49 pm, October 15, 2006, Blogger audrey said...

Hahahhaa! Not offended at all. Daft cunts the world over need to be STOPPED. Constant vigilance redcap, constant vigilance...

 
At 12:06 pm, October 16, 2006, Blogger redcap said...

Audrey, perhaps we could lobby the government to set up a task force to get rid of the daft and annoying. (I'm looking at you, Eddie McGuire!) They seem to set them up at the drop of a hat, so why not for something useful?

 
At 3:53 pm, October 17, 2006, Blogger audrey said...

Sadly Red, I doubt the government's idea of annoying and daft would concur with our idea of annoying and daft. They'd probably just eliminate US.

 
At 6:13 pm, October 17, 2006, Blogger redcap said...

Sigh. How Orwellian. In my country, smarmy little men with out of control eyebrows and a psychopathic lack of conscience would be illegal, along with the run-of-the-mill daft and annoying.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home